Me

Me

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Purpose

   Why am I doing this? I really have no idea. What I do know, however, is that I am unemployed, frustrated with American politics, and quite truthfully am tired of not being heard. I get that "not being heard" is typical. Am I important enough to be heard...lol NO, but I think this blog will help me feel less frustrated with those whom I feel have no business being heard, yet have a gigantic following of alienated zombies.
    This leads me to the next point. I am NOT some alienated, white, middle/working class person, hell bent on allowing my anger over the cycles of our economic system to propel me into a dismal abyss of "DON"T TREAD ON ME" flags and sputtering demagogues, that perpetuate my hatred for my neighbors who I assume have a much easier go of it because in some way they are connected to "the elite" or "union thugs." Life is never that simple and to assume everyone or thing is against you, is just too easy of an excuse.
     On the other hand, I am not some over-educated housewife, who sees the ultimate truth. We all know what I am talking about, the super liberal who just gets it. The, "I do not get how, you, my fellow man just can't see the light, the truth, and the way." The tendency to to feel superficially better about yourself because, you get it. You empathize with the poor, minorities, sexually repressed, etc...and the rest of Americans, shame on you. Best summed up in my theory that there is not one more judgmental than an ultra-liberal or the Christian Right. At least the Christian Right can say they have God on their side, lol! The liberal has faith in self and sometimes...it is a little too much faith.
      So anyways, back to my point (and posts will never be this long again :)) All I want, and want for everyone, is to demand better of our politicians and each other. We have one of the greatest systems of government in the world. We should happily roll around in the mud of democracy together, instead we pick up democracy's excrement and throw it at each other. This specific behavior is fostered by political opportunists and the media's inability to live up to the standards of journalism. And no...I do not always mean national media...most people watch the local news, read the local paper, and obviously listen to local radio stations. Much like government, everything starts at the local level.
    So while I figure out what I am really doing here, I just want to let people know (if anyone actually reads this) I am very sympathetic to many conservative and liberal ideas. Do I lean left, yes, but I am not dogmatic or stubborn, like lets say...a donkey. I truly believe a majority of Americans feel this way, and I think it is about time someone knock that rattlesnake, elephant, and donkey down a peg a two.

No comments:

Post a Comment